Video: Thank you for protecting animals in 2014
02 February 2015
As a huge thank you to all our supporters, we’ve put together this video to show how your kind support and dedication helped change the lives of thousands of animals in 2014.
Because of you we've achieved so much to protect animals in 2014 including:
- Protecting over 190,000 dogs from cruel culling in the name of rabies
- Expanding the Zarnesti Bear Sanctuary in Romania – now a home for 78 bears rescued from cruel captivity
- Treating 12,000 working horses, mules and donkeys in Palestine
- Kickstarting the Sea Change campaign to clear dangerous fishing gear from the oceans – working with Surfers against Sewage to remove 150 km of ghost fishing gear from UK beaches in the 2014 Autumn Beach Clean
- Securing the future of the Metropolitan Police Wildlife Crime Unit
- Directly helping animals caught in disasters – including 70,000 animals following Typhoon Haiyan
- Improving the lives of farm animals around the world, working with food companies for better animal welfare standards
- Rescuing 11 bears from the brutal blood sport of bear baiting in Pakistan – bringing them to the World Animal Protection-funded Balkasar bear sanctuary.
On behalf of animals, thank you so much for your support. We wouldn’t be able to do any of this without you.