Promote your event
Once you have decided to raise money for animals, make sure everyone else knows about it!
There are lots of things you can do to promote your World Animal Protection fundraising event:
- Tell everyone you know that you’re fundraising to help protect animals – and ask them to tell everyone they know.
- Post about your event on Facebook and Twitter. Link to your online fundraising page so people can sponsor you easily and quickly.
- Why not start a blog about your fundraising journey?
- Put up posters in shops, pubs, libraries, at work and anywhere else you can think of. You can download and print the World Animal Protection posters below.
- Hand out flyers to passers-by – we can provide these for you.
- Contact local newspapers, radio stations and TV news stations to tell them about your fundraising.
- Ask for your event to feature in any free listing or 'What's On' sections of local papers or local council websites.
- Try and get a local photographer to take a photo of you in action – or take one yourself.
- After your event, let local media know how much money you raised and send them pictures so they can write a follow up piece about your day.
Put up World Animal Protection posters
Why not use one of our customisable posters to promote your event? To download the posters just right click the link and click 'Save target as'.