Stop sea turtle farming
- Around 5000 endangered green sea turtles are living in captivity in the Cayman Islands, crushed together, diseased, bred for meat and tourist entertainment.
- Tourists visit the Cayman Turtle Centre for the opportunity to take a 'turtle selfie', unaware of the abuse and suffering involved.
- The Cayman Turtle Centre must become a proper sea turtle rehabilitation and release facility, to protect the green sea turtles in its care.
What we're doing
- We are urging Carnival Cruise Lines, one of the world's largest cruise line companies, to put the welfare of endangered sea turtles ahead of profit and stop sending unwitting tourists to this cruel attraction.
- We are highlighting that animals used in tourist photos suffer a lifetime of cruelty and abuse.
Urge global cruise line to boycott turtle cruelty
Carnival Cruise Lines ships tens of thousands of tourists to Cayman Turtle Centre each year, where sea turtles are abused for entertainment and farmed for meat. Help protect turtles now.