Animals in farming
The treatment of farm animals is the world’s biggest animal welfare issue.
Billions of chickens across the world experience unbearable suffering during their short, miserable lives.
Stopping the spread of factory farming in the UK
Working to protect farm animals around the world
Keeping cows indoors all year round restricts their natural behaviour and increases their risk of lameness and udder infections.
We fight for better treatment of farm animals by:
- Increasing public awareness of farming animal welfare issues
- Engaging and championing key food companies and farmers
- Providing practical evidence-led solutions of sustainable agricultural practices
- Lobbying national government to recognise and prioritise farm animal welfare
- Influencing international trade agreements
- Lobbying the most influential UN organisations and committees that wil impact the future of farming
This will all help us to build a better future for farm animals and move the world to protect animals.