We collect information from visitors to this website and completion of written forms. This includes contact us webpages, donation forms (both electronic and paper based), signing up to receive emails, one of our petitions or sent an email to your MP through our website.
We collect your details when you email or write to us with an enquiry.
We also collect information about the transactions you undertake through this site and off line donations including details of payment cards used and bank account details if you set up a direct debit.
In addition to the above, we collect information automatically about your visit to our website. Please see our Cookies policy for more details.
Use of personal information
We process personal information collected via this website and paper based communications for the purposes of:
- Providing information about our campaigns
- Dealing with your enquiries and requests
Data Capture Information
We will send you information according to the preferences you submitted via our online contact us forms, donation forms (online of offline). If you would like to change these preferences at any point, please email us at hello@worldanimalprotection or call us on 0800 316 9966. Alternatively you can also write to us at Supporter Care, World Animal Protection, 222 Grays Inn Road, London WC1X 8HB.
Please note that your information may be used to send you details of our campaigns and fundraising appeals that we have identified as likely to be of interest to you. This will be in accordance with the preferences that you indicated when you completed your webform, donation form (online or paper based), enquiry, took a campaigning action (petition, sent an email to your MP through our website) or signed up to receive our emails.
If at any point you would like to opt-out of receiving communications from us, or would like to change the channels (such as email or post) that we use to contact you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also write to Supporter Care, World Animal Protection, 222 Grays Inn Road, London WC1X 8HB.
We will only disclose data when obliged to disclose personal data by law, or the disclosure is ‘necessary’ for purposes of national security, taxation and criminal investigation, or we have your consent, and suppliers we engage to process data on our behalf.
We may send your email address to other offices within the World Animal Protection group.
Data processing by third parties
>We only supply your data to organisations who process the data on our behalf. We do not sell or share your data with any organisation who will contact you about anything other than World Animal Protection.
We ensure that our suppliers abide by the Data Protection Act 1998 and abide by our standards with regards to your data security.
These are the organisations we use for processing your data:
- We use external fulfilment suppliers to process responses to our fundraising appeals. It is much more economical to outsource this donation processing rather than to do so in house.
- To keep our data up to date and to be cost effective in our communications we send our records to data enhancement agencies to check for errors in the telephone and address details we hold. These agencies provide updates using industry standard lists eg Telephone Preference Service, Royal Mail’s National Change of Address Register and BT Operator Services Information System. These organisations will never share or sell the data we provide.
- To assist with our communications to you, we sometimes outsource to specialist suppliers or agencies eg for printing mailings or calling you on our behalf.
- To help gather insight into the kinds of people who support our cause, CACI helps us to profile and better understand our data.
Subject access requests
You have the right to see what personal data we hold about you. To obtain a copy of the personal information we hold about you, please write to Database Manager, World Animal Protection, 222 Grays Inn Road, London WC1X 8HB.
Given that the Internet is a global environment, using it to collect and process personal data necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. This means for instance that data you pass to us may be processed outside the European Economic Area, although the data will always be held securely and in line with the requirements of UK data protection legislation. By communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge and agree to our processing of personal data in this way.