Who we are
Our mission is to create a better world for animals
- We end the needless suffering of animals
- We influence decision makers to put animals on the global agenda
- We help the world see how important animals are to all of us
- We inspire people to change animals’ lives for the better
- We move the world to protect animals
What we do
We are a global organisation, with 14 offices all over the world and millions of supporters.
We’ve been protecting animals from needless suffering for more than 50 years. From the frontlines of disaster zones to the boardrooms of large corporations, we are fighting to create better lives for all animals.
Thanks to our incredible supporters, we’ve achieved amazing things.
Why we exist
Our vision is a world where animal welfare matters and all animal cruelty has ended.
All over the world, animals are suffering needlessly:
- Bears, elephants and dolphins torn from the wild and forced to perform
- Pigs and chickens in their billions enduring the relentless cruelty of industrial farming
- Dogs killed en masse because of our fear of rabies
There is a vital relationship between people and animals – because a sustainable future for the planet can only be achieved if both animals and people are part of the solution. Together, we can move the world to protect animals.